Local leagues are preparing for a return in the very near future and after a recent meeting we have made the following decisions which will operate until until league play commences. All decisions will be reviewed periodically.
1. The current on-line booking system will remain in place for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sundays until league play commences.
2. The club remains a members only club and all players at Woodfield must be members. There are no guest fees.
3. Team secretaries who have not returned during the pandemic will need to re-join membership and go through the usual procedures to register teams for the coming season. WOLVERHAMPTON league is planning to start in early October and match nights are TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY. This change was made by request to avoid Thursday clashes with other leagues – Birmingham League as an example.
4. The current table set up must be left in place as we need this for the on-line system to work. Any other table tennis activities that require additional tables must use the wheeled fold out tables from the store room but MUST RETURN THE ROOM TO THE 4 TABLE SET UP after use.
5. We will still continue to keep a record of people using the hall and wearing of masks is optional. We do encourage good personal hygiene and request that tables are cleaned after use.
6. Tuesday night from 6-11 will be a CLUB NIGHT with the focus on PREPARING FOR LEAGUE PLAY. No booking is needed – just turn up and play. THIS WILL START ON TUESDAY 17TH AUGUST. There will be 4 tables and you will be expected to rotate every 10 minutes. A top table format can be used. The idea is that you get a variety of play and members can mix in more as opposed to the more prescriptive choice of practice partner through the booking. Many club members have made this request so will are blocking off the bookings on Tuesdays until leagues start. All players MUST BE MEMBERS. £87 for adult membership for a year still represents great value compared with similar clubs around the country.
Enjoy the return to competition and we look forward to seeing returning members and new faces.